Santiago de Compostela: 5 days - 4 nights: 190,70€ /student
Sample itinerary with family accommodation (2021):
Situated in Galicia, on the north-western tip of the Iberian Peninsula, Santiago de Compostela is a destination for millions of visitors and pilgrims every year. Indeed, it receives the most pilgrims after Rome and Jerusalem.
In this city lies the tomb of James the apostle (Santiago) which is the destination of the Jacobean pilgrimage route started in the 11th century. The most visited area is the historic and monumental centre. In the Obradoiro square, along with the Cathedral and Portico de la Gloria, you will find families, groups of friends and tapas enthusiasts. The most important museums include the Pilgrimage Museum and the Galician City Museum.
The main festival, and the national day of Galicia, is St James’ day (25th July), a festival celebrated all the more when the 25th falls on a Sunday (a Jacobean Holy Year).
Local dishes are based on the bounty from the Atlantic – fish and shellfish. Sweet foods include “la tarta de Santiago” (St James’ cake) made with almonds. To accompany the fish and seafood are the renowned Albariños and Ribeiro white wines.
- Detailed information pack
- Itinerary planning service
- Accommodation in half-board basis (breakfast, packed-lunch and dinner)
- Free staff places ratio 1:12
- Local manager's assistance
- Reservation of tickets
- 24/7 assistance during the stay
Read the advantages of family-home stay.
Does not include:
- Transport in the city
- Flight tickets (read more)
- Airport transfers. They can be organised with private or public transport and the price may change regarding the number of students, please contact us for more details.